Life Quality Through Prevention
Participant Debbie Lee recently wrote a note of gratitude to instructor Val Peaslee: “I wanted to share a couple of vacation pics with you from my trip to the Galapagos this past December! I wanted to say how I was so glad to have taken your class and continued to do the exercises because of all the uneven surfaces and loose rocks on the islands.”
Stepping On workshops are for people 60 years and above. The workshops are led by a health professional who is concerned about individuals falling and the injuries they may receive in the process.
- Simple and fun balance and strength training.
- The role that vision plays in keeping your balance.
- How medications can contribute to falls.
- Ways to keep from falling when out in your community.
- What to look for in safe footwear.
- How to eliminate falls hazards from your home.
Ms. Peaslee, Trauma Program Manager, and RN told us, “I really enjoy being able to offer the Stepping On program here at LPH because it offers tools to people to help reduce falls and at the same time increases self-confidence in situations where they may be at risk of falling.”
Classes are offered throughout the year. For questions and registration information,
Valorie.Peaslee@uchealth.org or call 720.718.1210.